So last weekend was a big weekend in the baby purchases area. We went out in search of the furniture for the room and to purchase our travel system (this is a stroller/car seat combo if you were not sure). I of course thought this was going to be an easy one or two store trip - I was wrong!
We had coupons for Babies R Us to use for the travel system and I wanted to check out the crib and changing table/dresser we originally registered for here. The travel system was easy the rest - not so much. We found the crib and they had decided to raise the price since we last saw it and the combo unit was discontinued and the new one this company came out with was now $100 more than the original. I was not happy! The customer service in the furniture section was horrible too so I was frustrated to say the least. Ryan calmed we down with the thought of lunch and regrouping so we were off to sit down and eat.
We decided to hit Target next. This store has never let me down before - right? Well today would be the day. Prices for their cribs were about the same as BRU and not as many to choose from. Now - where do we go from here??
Walmart - this was my last resort store. We had to do grocery shopping anyway so the trip would not be a total loss. We walked to the baby section and to my surprise they had a great crib at an awesome price on full display so that I could actually check out the quality. Now here is the kicker - they didn't actually have any of this crib in stock!! Can you believe it? Pick a crib for display that you actually don't have in. So we take down the info to look for it online. Then we see a glider rocker that looks nice at a good price but it is tied down to the high shelf so that you can't actually try it so see if it is comfortable. At this point I was tired so we broke down and bought the glider anyway.
We went home to immediately find the crib online and wouldn't you know it - that particular crib is not online. Now what do we do? Well my husband has decided to become my crib hero. He got off work early on Monday to travel to another Walmart and actually talk to a manager. This Walmart had the crib in stock!!!
We put the crib together last night and we were lucky enough to only have one little "dowel" piece missing - which I think is pretty good considering. We got around it and put the crib together without it (so now if it falls apart on the baby we will know why.) The glider is nicely sitting in the corner and is ready for me to break it in before the baby comes. The crib looks beautiful and I can't wait to get the bedding washed and put in place. The room is finally coming together.
Now on to the next search - changing table/dresser at a reasonable price. For some reason, I think this is going to be even tougher than the crib.
And so - the search will continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment