Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thank Goodness for "FAT" Pants!

So yesterday I realized that I am FINALLY starting to feel better – and do you know what that equates to??? WANTING TO EAT ALL THE TIME!!!

I noticed I was finally at this point when I had the most disgusting Smart One for lunch I have ever tasted and I didn’t care…I ate it anyway. I was too hungry (and too lazy) to go out and get anything else and it was then when I sat back and thought to myself…who have I become? I am now this woman who eats anything and everything and if I am not eating…I am thinking about what I can eat!

So let’s see…I get through the day after golden grahams cereal, OJ, various pieces of Valentine’s Day candy, grapes, cottage cheese, Disgusting Smart One, yogurt, a plum, half of a snack bag of BBQ chips and I am starving when I walk through the door to find supper will not be ready for an hour. I made sure to let my husband know I was not very happy about this since he has been home all day. He has made chicken breasts in the oven and I add stove top stuffing and green beans to the supper menu. So I eat supper thinking everything is normal and at the end of the meal he gives me this look of, “what is going on with you.” He starts laughing and says to me – I don’t think I have ever seen you eat like that and you even finished and started on seconds before I was done. We start laughing about this and he continues to let me know that I inhaled my food and was acting like there would be no more food for me in months. I found this pretty humorous and so did the kids. I made sure to have some cookies and cream ice cream as a bed time snack to top my day off and make myself feel better about supper!

Then I woke up this morning…the day seemed normal and everything was going great…until I couldn’t fit into my work pants and I started to panic! Luckily I was able to somewhat fit into my “fat” work pants that used to be two sizes too big for me and were now a life saver since I was running late for work with no other options. My boss has kept telling me to go out and buy a few pieces of maternity clothes for mornings like these and I have been stubborn to do so. She told me that she did not want a phone call one morning that I didn’t have anything that would fit me so I couldn’t come into work and this was almost one of those mornings.

I have decided that my days of not gaining any weight are now over and I now need to worry about not taking “eating for two” too seriously. Until I get all of that figured out - Thank goodness for “fat” pants!!

1 comment:

  1. Need I remind you that you already HAVE some maternity pants, lady! Or did I send all of mine to you for nothing??? =)

    ReplyDelete